This hybrid New York City and Live Webcast program will focus primarily on the range of ERISA considerations applicable to health plans, from documentary compliance through health plan operational issues.
Although ERISA applies to health and welfare plans as well as to retirement plans, for years since its enactment, ERISA-related related activities and litigations focused on retirement plans. In recent years, especially following the enactment of the of the Affordable Care Act, there has been increased regulatory and judicial scrutiny focused on ERISA’s health plan-related compliance requirements and fiduciary provisions, and liability for failure to comply.
This program is in line with the increased focus and considerations around ERISA’s application to healthcare plans and compliance with ERISA regulations.
The program is intended for in-house counsel, outside attorneys and other allied professionals who advise on ERISA, and health and welfare plans.
Marie E. Casciari’s Session: 2022 Health and Welfare Litigation Updates
- Examine the rising tide of COBRA litigation
- Analyze the enforceability and scope of arbitration clauses in ERISA cases: Will the Supreme Court step in soon?
- Consider the latest developments in mental health parity litigation
- Discuss whether pharmacy benefit managers are fiduciaries
- October 19, 2022
- 1-Day Program
- New York City and Live Webcast
We look forward to seeing you at the event on October 19, 2022.
Please access the link below to learn more about the program details, agenda, schedule, and faculty, and to register.