We Fight For You After A Disability Claim Denial

Most people dutifully pay insurance premiums directly or through payroll deductions each pay period to provide economic support in the event of unanticipated illness, accident or other injury. However, all too often, hard-working Americans receive a disability or other benefit claim denial when they become sick or injured and need their benefits to support themselves and their families.

Simply because your claim has been denied at the initial level does not mean that you cannot receive compensation, however. Even though your claim has been denied, one of our experienced DeBofsky Sherman Casciari Reynolds P.C. disability lawyers may be able to assist you in presenting a more compelling disability claim.

What should I do if my employer-provided disability benefits are denied?

Insurance companies, employers and unions may reject disability claims for a variety of reasons, many of them unwarranted. Your next step depends on whether your plan was privately purchased or provided by your employer. If your plan is private, you may file a lawsuit immediately. However, if your plan is provided by your employer, it is governed by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).

Under ERISA, you must first exhaust the claim appeals process within 180 days of the claim denial. You may also sue to recover benefits that should have been paid if the claim had not been improperly denied, and you may also be awarded your attorney fees and court costs. Understanding your plan, the health insurance benefits provided, along with other benefits such as life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment benefits, along with disability insurance law can help you determine if your claim was improperly denied.

Handling your disability benefits or other insurance or benefits claim thoroughly and expediently can significantly reduce the amount of time it takes to begin receiving the benefits to which you are entitled.

Contact DeBofsky Sherman Casciari Reynolds P.C., For An Attorney Consultation

Understand your rights, and speak with an attorney who can stand up for your benefits. Call us at 312-702-1842 or 800-237-5182, or send us an email to speak with a lawyer.